When we’re invited to a BBQ we isually bring along salad. This is one of my favourite options – it’s super healthy, the strawberries give it a touch of sweetness, and you’re gauranteed that it will be different from anything else on offer.
- 3 large handfuls green beans, ends removed
- 1 large handful strawberries, sliced
- Large handful mint
- Optional – small rectangle feta
For the dressing
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons dijion mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use avocado, but olive or macadamia is also a good option)
- Optional – 1/2 teaspoon honey
Fill the kettle and boil it. Place the beans in a colinder in the sink and pour the boiling water over the top of the beans so that they soften slightly. Rinse the beans with cool water to prevent them from cooking, shake off the excess water and place the beans in the bowl.
Place the strawberries in the bowl, tear the mint and throw it in, and if you’re having feta crumble it over the top.
In a small jar combine the dressing ingredients and shake well. Pour this over the salad and toss to combine.
Prep time 7 minutes