This is such a simple but tasty salad, with a good combination of veggies and protein. Plus I always seem to have heaps of salad greens, cucumber and tomato on hand ready to throw together.
- 2 lean fillet steaks
- 1 cup of tomatoes, cut in to wedges
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3+ cups spinach or salad leaves
- 3 tablespoons hard blue vein cheese
- Pinch sea salt and cracked pepper
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive or macadamia oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
Place the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and onion together on the serving plate.
Heat a fry pan to medium-high, season the steak on both sides with the salt and pepper and place on the frypan. Cook the steaks until blood comes to the upward surface. Turn the steaks over and cook until blood again starts to seep through the top surface. Remove from the frypan and place the steaks on a spare plate to rest and bleed.
Combine the balsamic, olive oil and garlic in a jar and shake to combine.
Slice the steak into 1cm wide strips and place on top of the salad.
Sprinkle the cheese over the salad, pour over the dressing and serve.
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Standing time||5 minutes|