Appearances can be deceptive – despite it looking like a mess spinach, chicken, brown basmati, pumpkin, carrot, cashew and currant salad was delicious! Plus its simple to throw together.
- 2 handfuls spinach or salad greens
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped in to slices
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1 carrot or red capsicum, finely sliced in to semi-circles or diced
- small handful cashews
- small handful currants, raisins or sultanas
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
If it’s cold you might want to warm up the rice and pumpkin. Otherwise just throw it together and enjoy.
Prep time 5 minutes