We’ve been battling a bug so I’ve been craving ginger, and I find the colour of this smoothie uplifting.
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 orange/tangerine/mandarin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, skin removed
- 1 apple or pear, roughly chopped
- 1 centimetre ginger, skin removed and roughly chopped
- Optional – handful leafy greens or broccoli, chopped
- Optional – 1 scoop protein powder (I use hemp)
Throw all the ingredients in to the blender with 1 cup cold water. Blitz until combined. Continuing adding water until its at your prefered consistency.
I like my smoothies thick, and prefer them to juices because I don’t like all that fibrery goodness going to waste.
Pour and enjoy immediately.
- Instead of using a blender you can also put this through the juicer if you want more of an instant energy hit. I’d recommed doubling the volume for juicing and excluding the water
|Prep time||5 minutes|