These rice free sushi rolls have no carbs, making them a great snack or meal anytime of the day. And by varying the ingredients you can keep them interesting so you don’t tire of them too quickly.
- 1 nori sheet
- Protein – your choice of cooked egg, chicken, beef, lamb, prawn, tempeh or tofu – sliced in to strips
- Greens – your choice of raw cucumber, broccoli stem, seaweed, sprouts, leafy greens – finely sliced in to strips
- Moisture – your choice of avocado, nut butter (which provides a nice satay flavour), hommus, baba ghanoush…
- Optional – reds – your choice of raw beetroot, carrot, capsicum – finely sliced in to strips
Lay the nori sheet flat. Place the ingredients along the long side of the sheet.
Roll the sheet from the filled side, tucking it under to ensure its tight. Once the sheet is almost completely rolled up, dampen the end of the sheet with a wet finger and stick it down.
Cut the roll in half.
These can be stored in the fridge for a day and makes for a great portable snack or meal.
My favourite combination so far is
- chicken, brocolli stem, alfalfa, beetroot, carrot and avocado (pictured)
|Prep time||5 minutes|