My current favourite smoothie combination – this is fresh, packs in the antioxidants and is still just sweet enough.
- 1 orange, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful kale (or other leafy green), roughly chopped
- 2 frozen bananas, roughly chopped
- 1 cup blueberries (I use frozen)
- 1 centimetre piece of ginger, chopped
- Optional – hemp seeds, pepitas, nuts or some hemp powder as a source of protein
Add the fresh ingredients in to the blender first, then layer the frozen ingredients on top. I add around 1 cup of water to help blend the ingredients together. I prefer a thick smoothie, but if you like it more milkshake consistency add more water.
Blend until all ingredients are broken down and combined.
Add in the protein powder and blitz again briefly until the powder is mixed through. Leave this until the end as blending in the powder too early makes the smoothie airy and fluffy.
Pour in to large tumblers and enjoy immediately to ensure it doesn’t separate.
|Prep time||5 minutes|