I hate to admit it, but this recipe was inspired by a meal that Ikea used to serve at their caffeteria. We’d try and time our trips out their to coincide with lunch especially so we could enjoy their version. It’s a great meal to make use of whatever veggies you have on hand.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons tuscan seasoning – basil, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper
- 4 cups diced veggies – I’ve used zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, mushrooms, eggplant
- 1 onion, diced
- Roughly 2 cups diced tomatoes or pasata
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or a small handful of fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked pepper to your taste
- 1 tablespoon oil – I use coconut oil for cooking
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach or similar leafy green
- Optional – balsamic glaze or grated parmesan
Rub the chicken breasts down with the tuscan seasoning. Place them in a medium frypan and cover with a lid.
While the chicken is cooking heat up a large pot or wok to medium low. Add in the oil and onion, sauteeing until softened. Add in the crushed garlic and remaining veg, again stiring until the veggies soften. Throw in the thyme, tomato and seasoning, cooking until the tomato is simmers.
Check that the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat on the veggie pot, stir through the spinach, plate up the veggie mix, and slice the chicken and place this on the top. If you’re having balsamic or parmesan drizzle or sprinkle this over the top and serve.
Prep time 7 minutes
Cooking time 15-20 minutes