I haven’t had chocolate or honey or anything sweet for what feels like ages. But its Sierra’s first birthday, and given she’s having a watermelon cake, what kind of a first birthday would it be without cookies or something with a bit of natural sweetner?
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- Handful of dark chocolate chips or 2 Loving Earth Orange and Gubinge Luvju dark chocolates, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tespoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 orange
Preheat the oven to 180C (375F).
In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together with a woiden spoon. In a medium bowl mix the wet ingredients together with a whisk.
Using the wooden spoon mix the wet ingredients through the dry.
Once the mixture is a batter consistency grab golf ball sized amounts and press them on to a lined baking tray using two fingers.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
Prep time 7 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Cooling time 5 minutes