I was craving raw broccoli for lunch. I love how filling and cleansing it is. So I whipped up my old favourite broccoli, apple and walnut salad.
- 1 head broccoli, cut in to florets
- 1 red apple, sliced
- handful walnuts
- 1/8 red onion, finely sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tbs almond butter (100% ground almonds)
- 1 tbs olive or macadamia oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- pinch sea salt
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbs water
Boil a kettle full of water and place the broccoli in a colander over the sink. Pour the boiling water over the broccoli to blanch it just slightly. Strain the broccoli and run cold water through it to ensure it doesn’t continue to cook.
Combine the apple and onion with the broccoli and top with the walnuts.
Place the dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake to combine. Drizzle over the top of the salad and serve.
- instead of almond butter try macadamia – yum!
Prep time 5 minutes